What Questions Should I Ask About A New Irrigation System?
Here is what you need to ask your contractor about your new irrigation system:
- Are you a licensed, insured, and bonded irrigation contractor?
- Have you obtained an irrigation permit?
- Is the license holder a regular employee or just a person you buy permits from?
- What type of coverage do you provide? The correct answer is head to head AND matched precipitation! This means that the water is applied evenly. 100% coverage just means it is wet, but can be uneven.
- What kind of warranty do you offer? Be sure their warranty is at least one year.
- Do you have liability insurance and workers compensation?
- What type of material? Make sure they do not buy what is on sale. The material should all be the same brand.
- Make sure they do not mix rotors and sprays. Make sure they install rain senors and backflow prevention devices. Make sure pipes are buried 8 inches deep for 1 inch and smaller. Make sure they call in locates.
- Check the cost of the system.
This should help you separate the men from the boys. If you would like anestimate on a new irrigation system, call us today at 407-275-0804!
Bruce Hage Irrigation